How to add your email account to Outlook 2019
- To synchronize your emails with IMAP you need to activate this feature in your mail account . Click Email → Settings → POP3 & IMAP → Enable access to this account via POP3 and IMAP. Confirm the altered settings by clicking Save and start your external email program.
- Click File → Info → Add account. The Outlook wizard for setting up a new account will open.
- Enter an email address to add your account.
- Click Advanced options and check the box for Let me set up my account manually.
- Click Connect.
- Choose the account type IMAP. The dialog IMAP Account Settings will open up.
- Use the following settings:
- Incoming mail: Server imap.mail.com with port 993 and check the option This server requires an encrypted conncetion (SSL/TLS)
- Outgoing mail: Server smtp.mail.com with port 587 and the encryption method STARTTLS